Presented by Toyo Tires
September 4, 5 & 6, 2015
Supplementary Rules & Regulations
This event is sanctioned by ASN Canada FIA and will be held in accordance with the ASN Canada FIA SoloSport General Competition Rules, the 2015 ASN Canada FIA National Time Attack Regulations, these supplementary regulations, and any ASN Canada FIA bulletins or event supplementary bulletins.
The 2015 CTAC is organized by Atlantic Region Motor Sports – for further information please contact Jason Smith ARMS SoloSport Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
This event will run rain or shine!
The following ASN Canada FIA National Regulations are available online:
National SoloSport General Competition Regulations
National Time Attack Regulations
ASN Canada FIA Self Tech Form is available
–Vehicle Classification Database–
Atlantic Motorsport Park – http://www.atlanticmotorsportpark.com
Take Exit 10 off Highway 102, and head into Shubenacadie (2.3km) -At the stop sign, turn hard right onto West Indian Road (watch for the sign: Indian Brook / Mill Village / McPhee’s Corner) -Drive 2.6km, keep right (Look for the Motorsport Park sign) -Drive 2km, turn right onto North Salem Rd (Look for the North Salem / Atlantic Motorsport Park sign) -After 2.6km, the road will change to gravel. Drive on gravel road for another 2.2km -Turn Right onto Race Track Rd (Look for the Atlantic Motorsport Park sign) -Follow this road (1.2km) until you reach the Atlantic Motorsport Park gates
Chief Organizer – Jason Smith
Senior Steward – TBD
Clerk of the Course – Jason Smith
Chief Registrar – TBD
Chief Timekeeper – Bluenose Autosport Club
$300.00 – Time Attack + Friday Practice if received on or before August 7, 2015 (online Registration, payment via paypal)
$350.00 – Time Attack + Friday Practice if received after August 7, 2015 (online Registration, payment via paypal)
$380.00 – Time Attack + Friday Practice (Onsite Registration Cash only)
$30.00 – Transponder Rental (Pre-Registration via Paypal)
$40.00 – Transponder Rental (Onsite Registration Cash only)
$100.00 – if received on or before August 7, 2015 (online Registration, payment via paypal)
$120.00 – if received after August 7, 2015 (online Registration, payment via paypal)
$120.00 – (Onsite Registration Cash only)
Friday from 0900 until 14oo. Cost $60.00 for 3 pulls on the 2 wheel dyno
Paypal payments made to email@example.com .
Transponders will be required for this event.
MyLaps / AMB compatible car transponders (x2, hard wired, rechargeable or flex)
If you do not have your own they can be rented from ARMS
online registration – armsinc.ca/_CTAC2015/?page_id=96
0800 – onsite Event Registration / Lapping Registration opens
0840 – Drivers Meeting
0850 – Marshals to stands
0900 – 1hr Time Attack Practice
1000 – 1hr Lapping
1100 – 1hr Time Attack Practice
1200 – Lunch
1300 – 1hr Lapping
1400 – 1hr Time Attack Practice
1500 – 1hr Lapping
1600 – Registration Closes / End of Day
Saturday / Sunday
0800 – onsite Event Registration opens
0900 – Time Attack without passing Practice & Qualifying
0930 – Registration closes / End of Practice
0940 – Drivers Meeting
1000 – Time Attack without passing
1200 – Lunch
1250 – Drivers Meeting
1300 – Time Attack with passing 45mins
1350 – Drivers Meeting
1400 – Time Attack with passing 45mins
1500 – 1hr Lapping Saturday / Trophy Presentations Sunday
1800 – Saturday – Social get together and banquet
Supplementary Rules and Regulations:
These Supplementary Rules and Regulations, Supplementary Bulletins, the Event Schedule and Event Insurance Certificate will be posted on the official notice board.
- Competitor requirements:
- All competitors must be a current member of an ASN Canada FIA recognized club or an SCCA recognized club. All competitors must have either a current TimeAttack license (or equivalent as required by their Territory) or a current Regional/National Road Race license. These will need to be shown on request at registration.
- All competitors and pit crew must sign the insurance waiver and wear the provided wrist bands at all times.
- All competitors not familiar with AMP must attend a driver orientation session before driving on the track surface. These orientation sessions will be available at Friday’s Test & Tune/Practice. Instructors will be present providing both trackside as well as in car orientation sessions.
- All competitors are required to submit an ASN Canada FIA Self Tech Form for their vehicle when they register for the event. Their vehicle will then be subject to onsite scrutineering as well as random scrutineering during the event.
- All competitors are responsible to properly class their own vehicle. A copy of the preparation (PIP) schedule and, if relevant, any option(s) taken (dyno plots and curb weight measurement detail, etc) must be provided at registration.
- Below stock HP dyno plots will not be accepted.
- All competitors are required to attend Drivers Meetings.
- On Track/Track Side info:
- No passengers allowed during timed runs
- Safe passing zones during practice/ instructional periods will be between turns 6 and 7 and turns 11 and 1. These will be marked with pylons. Passing is only allowed with hand signals given from driver of vehicle being overtaken. Overtaken vehicle will slow and let vehicle pass safely on the left.
- Non Passing sessions – driver and passenger door windows shall be completely up.
- Passing Sessions – the windows must be 3/4 up, to allow for point by indications.
- Passing and Non Passing Sessions – if the windows are down or do not exist , the use of window nets (minimum SFI 27.1 spec) and or arm restraints (minimum SFI 3.3 item 3.8 spec) by the driver (and passenger, if applicable) are required.
- All sunroofs/ T tops must be installed and in their locked positions.
- All convertible tops must be up and secured.
- Red Flag – waved at all marshal stations and by the Starter only when instructed to do so by the Clerk of the Course it informs all Drivers to safely come to a complete stop and then slowly proceed to the next marshal station for further instruction. Drivers shall be prepared to stop at any time. A red flag is most commonly used in Time Attack if a vehicle has gone off track and is positioned where it endangers the safety of participants or if track conditions are no longer safe to drive on.
- Yellow Flag -In sessions with passing: The Yellow flag informs drivers of an incident ahead and to proceed with caution with no passing. Drivers are to look as far ahead on the course as possible for a waving Green Flag. Once a driver passes a waving Green Flag, then they shall resume speed.
- White Flag: In timed sessions with no passing, displayed at any marshal station including the Start/Finish post only when instructed to do so by the Clerk of the Course. It informs the Driver to slow down and make space from the vehicle ahead. The lap on which this flag is displayed will not be scored. Drivers are to proceed at a pace that creates safe space from the vehicle ahead, but does not slow the vehicle behind.
- Blue Flag – Displayed at any Marshal station to alert the Driver that a faster following vehicle must be allowed to pass as soon as is safely possible. Failure to obey this flag may result in a black flag being displayed for that vehicle or the loss of competition lap times for holding up competitors and/or the event.
- Black Flag – proceed to the pit lane, stop at the first pit stall as you enter pit lane and await instructions to be given to you by the clerk of the course.
- Fueling is only permitted in the paddock area, not pit lane. All teams must have a fire extinguisher on hand during fueling.
- Please ensure that you have adequate fuel for the day; it’s a 30 minute round trip for fuel.
- Clothing- competitors, passengers and crew members alike should wear long sleeved shirts and shall wear long pants, fully enclosed footwear (no sandals, etc) while in pit lane or on the track.
- Motorized vehicles- (ATV’s, motorcycles, etc.) Drivers of such vehicles must obey pit speed limit (15 kph) and drive prudently. Pit Lane and the track are off limits to all such vehicles unless permission is given by the clerk of the course.
- After your run group has finished its allotted runs for the day, you will be directed to the impound for 30 minutes where your vehicle will be available for viewing by your fellow competitors- leave your car open for inspection. Do not move your vehicle unless directed to do so by the impound marshal.
- Car Modification info – in impound competitors shall make available, upon request by fellow competitors, the preparation (PIP) schedule and, if the relevant option(s) are taken, dyno plots and curb weight measurement detail. Failure to produce those materials could be cause for inquiry.
- Timing and Scoring:
- The start and finish lines are located directly adjacent to the starter’s bridge.
- For Time Attack without Passing, the competitors may be divided into two or more run groups. Each competitor will have a total of 12 timed runs per day, 3 or 4 sessions on track each with 3 or 4 timed runs per session. Clerk of the course reserves the right to drop/alter sessions. If a run session is dropped for one group then, all groups would drop that same run session.
- No speeding or reckless driving will be tolerated on the paved/unpaved roads leading to AMP. This applies to all competitors and their crews. If anyone is caught speeding or reckless driving, the applicable driver will loose his or her fastest time of the day (second fastest time will be used for scoring)
All spectators will be required to sign the wavier at the gate and wear the wrist band provided.