ATLANTIC REGION MOTOR SPORTS
The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:31 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Supplemental regulations for the 2013 BAC Ledwidge Lookoff Rally are now posted!

http://www.lookoffrally.com/?page_id=66

The event will consist of 84 kilometres of stage spread over two days in August! Saturday will consist of a Parc Expose/Public Car show in Dartmouth Crossing followed by two runnings of a 3 kilometre spectator stage at the Conrad Brother's Quarry nearby! After that the action moves to the Noel Shore on Sunday where 6 stages of 13 kilometres each wait!

This will be a show not to be missed or any rally fan. Old competitor favorites will return, new competitors will cut their teeth and even competitors from days gone by will see the stages again!

As CARS puts it, REAL CARS. REAL ROADS. REAL FAST!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:57 pm 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

Jeremy and I want to volunteer to help out, where do we do that?

2009 Cobalt #95
1998 Toyota Corolla

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:11 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

EMail Ron and let him know, rmckenzie@lookoffrally.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:59 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

We're 18 days away from the 2013 Ledwidge Lookoff Rally and preparation is well underway for an amazing event!

Spectators:

Spectator information has now been posted in the ‘Spectators’ section at http://www.lookoffrally.com! New for 2013 are Spectator friendly events on Saturday, August 24th starting with a ‘Parc Expose’ car display which will take place in Dartmouth Crossing at the Intersection of Countryview Drive and McClure Close. Following this display the cars will move to the nearby Conrad Bros Ltd Quarry at 5pm for two back to back spectator stages! Watch all the cars rally the first stages of the 2013 Ledwidge Lookoff Rally all from one comfortable vantage point!

On Sunday, August 25th the event moves to Tennycape on the Noel Shore where the cars will battle it out on the stages of the Ledwidge Lumber property!

Volunteers:

The best way to see all the excitement is to volunteer! You'll help us make sure the event goes off without a hitch and in return get the best seat in the house for Sunday's (August 25th) stages! No experience is required and we can use all the help we can get! Rally is a very volunteer heavy sport and all are welcome! All volunteers will receive a free commemorative T-Shirt and be entered in a raffle for additional prizes! C'mon out for the show!

If you want to help out and take in a great show, please have a look at the 'Workers' section of the Ledwidge Lookoff Rally page at http://www.lookoffrally.com!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:16 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

The seeded start order is now available! This list is based on entries received as of August 15th and more teams may be added!

http://www.lookoffrally.com/?p=489

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:31 am 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Weather is looking gooooood.
Let's make some noise in here!!!

Ian, Gord.....were coming after you! :twisted:

Let the smack talk begin! :P

"On snow or ice or gravel, we all know that a car will not stop or steer. And yet rally cars do both of these things. That means the whole thing is sorcery, and the people who do the driving must be witches." - Jermy Clarkson.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:35 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Damn right you'll be coming AFTER us! :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:56 am 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

Anyone have an extra microphone and earpieces for a Stilo Trophy intercom that I can borrow for the event? 8O

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:21 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Yikes. I don't think anybody here runs Stilo. The only Stilo helmets I've seen here are on road racers (Jeremy Roberts and possibly Aaron Pettipas have Stilo?) but I don't know if they even have the intercom gear in the helmets.

If I remember correctly one of the Stilo intercoms (Not sure if its the Trophy or the WRC) will take a Peltor headset directly? We've got a closed-face helmet peltor headset kicking around that could be borrowed if its useful.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:33 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Gordon S. wrote:
Damn right you'll be coming AFTER us! :D :D

I knew you were going to say that.....right after I hit the enter key. :)

"On snow or ice or gravel, we all know that a car will not stop or steer. And yet rally cars do both of these things. That means the whole thing is sorcery, and the people who do the driving must be witches." - Jermy Clarkson.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:08 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Video from today's excellent Spectator stages at the Conrad Bros Ltd Quarry! Great rally fun! Off to Noel in the morning for the long stages!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:15 am 
Infield Hooligan
Infield Hooligan

That was a great place to play in...when can we go back there??? :)

Now I have noticed that events such as performance rallies tend to do strange things to people...just saying!!! :P :P

...and in the end they flock to their vehicles and gaze into the sun.

Last edited by Kevin Doubleday on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:08 am 
5th Gear
5th Gear

Great pictures, and nice video too.
Really impressed to see how well this is all coming together. Great job everybody.

(And, in a "wow, small town" moment that will interest nobody, I'm pretty sure I know the people with the dogs in the picture from the car show.)

#7/#77 GT3 FC3S RX7
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT
1988 Mazda RX7 Convertible Project
1988 Mazda RX7 Convertible Turbo Project
2012 Impreza WRX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:47 pm 
ARMS Secretary
ARMS Secretary

Some pictures from my vantage point...

http://s240.photobucket.com/user/agray5 ... or%20Stage

'01 DHG Mustang Bullitt #16
'16 GTI w/PP

Last edited by Alan Gray on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:20 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Great shots, guys! Much appreciated!

And I have no idea what the heck I'm saying to Ralph at that point, I'm sure it was a great story though! :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:08 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Here's SS3, one of our better stages in the Audi. 4:54 is where you can see impact that takes out the exhaust and kills all of the gauges. Dutch angle = the F*$%ing GoPro mount slipping and not noticing it until a few stages in.

Also, I seem to be hiding behind Daphne and James in the group photo, hehe. Where's Waldo..

84 Volvo 245 - ? TBD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:51 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Couple of stages for us yesterday. An excellent event as always and more fun than I can even begin to describe. Thanks EVERYONE involved, organizers, volunteers and competitors!

Stage 2

Stage 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:03 pm 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

A big THANK YOU to everyone who helped me check off "Co-drive a pro rally with pace notes" from my "Bucket List". First, thanks to my wife Donna for understanding that it had to happen. Thanks to Ron and Nancy for recommending me to Max, for the Nomex and for organizing a great event. Thanks to the Sleighs for pace notes and hospitality. Thanks to John Paynter for the assist getting our fuel lines repaired the first time, and to everyone who lent us tools to do it again after Stage 1 on Sunday. Thanks to my buddy Sean for servicing, all the volunteers who helped with traffic control and radio support, and a special "MERCI BIEN!" to Max Meconse Laroque for giving me the ride of a lifetime! My first rally was in 1973, so to have this experience 40 years later seems like the perfect time to say what a true sense of family this sport generates, and to wish the new generation of Rallyists as much enjoyment and camaraderie as I have experienced. Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:19 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

A huge thank you to everyone involved.

I can't imagine the work that went on behind the scenes to make all this happen. Ron deserves a pat on the back for his efforts in moving things towards an event like this. Nancy and the entire volunteer team, thank you. Everytime we turned around on Saturday or Sunday there was someone with an event shirt on that we could ask a question of. Very very professionally run. Great to see so many people out on the spectator stages.

Special thanks to all the folks who stood out in the quarry, and in the woods on Sunday, the radio amateurs, the folks at Conrads, Subaru Canada, Ledwedge. EVERYONE who helped make this happen.

Wayne and Cindy: That was huge fun! Very nice to Meet you Max, I hope we see you down this way again. Please bring all your friends! Great to see Bruce back in a car, Matt and Blaise getting their feet wet in the deep end of the pool. You guys (and a big hand to Jim on this) had quite the thrash to get that ready and deserve a lot of credit. Some would have left the nomex hanging in the garage, but you guys made it happen. I think James and Daph get the most bent wheel prize?

Finally, big thanks to Gord for his excellent work in the right seat. You don't do what we did on Sunday (Saturday too) without good communication and relying on the information given.

Thanks!

"That is on the floor..... in fifth..... 6500????..." -Buffum to Smith (140mph+, Rallye Charlevoix.....)

"A HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS????"

"Great, now we're gonna get frikken' yelled at....."
"Let the record show that the evening degenerated at 2022hrs..... Duly noted..."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:19 pm 
Infield Hooligan
Infield Hooligan

Just a few more pics....

This rally thing makes people ask strange questions..."dear God what is that ?"

In this picture someone is looking for devine intervention for their inspection !!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:08 am 
ARMS Race Director
ARMS Race Director

maybe

2RHRACING

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:19 am 
Infield Hooligan
Infield Hooligan

The people....

These guys/gals were ralling in the mountain stages in bolivia....

These two were styling...

This fella may be at the wrong race...

Plenty of this was happening...

...see this is how you should salute me !!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:36 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Hi Folks,

My and Sam Turner's photos from the Start and Spectator stage are now posted at:

http://www.bluenoseautosport.ca/hmmerk/ ... /index.htm

Many thanks to Sam Turner (works at Henry's Dartmouth) for providing great coverage of the Parc Expose.

It will be a couple o days yet 'til I get the pictures from 25 Aug processed and posted.

- Harold

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:18 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

A big thanks to everyone who helped make the event happen last weekend! Your hard work made for an amazing rally!

Blaise and I had a great time, and I was very happy with how things turned out for our first event working together as well as our first event at this level. All of the organizers, volunteers, competitors and spectators seemed to be having a great time, and made for a weekend that I won't soon forget.

A huge thanks to Jim Theriault, who offered me his seat in the event, as well as the rest of the Theriault family who spent the week before the event busting their butts to get the car ready for Saturday. Ian Pearce, you're in there as well for helping out when you could and sharing your knowledge of the inner workings of the Panzer.

I also wanted to thank all of the seasoned competitors helped us to learn the ropes, and made sure that our day went smoothly. Thank you for your time, your borrowed gear, your shared knowledge, and most importantly your camaraderie. I'm totally hooked now!

And finally, a big thanks to all of the talented photographers who came out to shoot and share their work with us. There were some great moments captured!

I can still remember the puzzled look that Pidge gave me when I was trying to explain to him why I wouldn't be in the passenger seat at the start of the rally.

84 Volvo 245 - ? TBD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:38 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Hi again!

The Day 2 photos (25 Aug 2013 - at Noel/Tennycape) are now posted at:

The Day 1 pictures (Start & Spectator Stage) continue unchanged at:

It will be evident that the dust accumulated during the day at Tennycape: dust in the air, dust on the trees, dust on the cars. The quality of the photos deteriorates as the day progresses. To some extent the dust in the air can be compensated for in adjusting the photos, but the other dust cannot.

- Harold

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:46 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Kevin Doubleday wrote:
The people....

These two were styling...

Hey now, those are the most expensive suits we own. Our 'Sunday Best' as it were. :)

Thanks for the great photos guys!